Friday, September 13, 2013

3..5...NO way!!!

I think it is safe to say that we are in the final stretch of this pregnancy. The countdown is really on! We have 35 days until Brystol's due date. 35 DAYS!!!! It's mind boggling to think it is really that close but gosh, we can't wait!

On Monday, I finally got to meet our birth and newborn photographer. Oh my goodness, such a sweetheart she is. As a photographer myself, I knew it was time to hand the reins over during this time in order to just soak everything in. I had searched for quite a while for a photographer that just jumped out at me and after reading her story about her own struggles with infertility, I knew I HAD to have Miss Whitney. I absolutely LOVE her work!! With all that she has been through she fully understands all the emotion that has gone into this and I know she will be able to capture everything just perfectly. Check out her wesbite and adoption blog to read about her infertility struggles, on to adoption and then a surprise!  


 
As I am typing this entry our attorney is at the courthouse filing the paperwork before the judge to petition for parental rights for our baby. It's still is so odd to know that although Brystol is my egg and Erik's sperm, I have to adopt her because Holly is the technically the Birth Mother. Once that is done the paper work is sent off to the hospital and there should be no problems with the birth certificate being in mine and Erik's name. Another thing to check off the list and make us that much closer. YAY! 


This belly is just so darn cute and continues to thrive.


  

I noticed in last weeks picture that it looks a tad different then the previous weeks picture...Do you see what I see?
She's DROPPING!!!!! 
At first I was starting to think maybe I was seeing things. I posted this picture on IG just to see what people thought and everyone agreed. WOOHOO!!!

I feel so fortunate to be able to say that this pregnancy has not only been pretty easy for Holly but there have been no scares or complications thus far. Everything has been exactly where it should be and on track perfectly. Unfortunately, as of lately, it seems like some of the girls in the IVF community on Instagram just haven't been as lucky. It's heartbreaking to see these women struggle and have such heartbreaking out comes. I'm a firm believer in the saying, "everything happens for a reason", but gosh, what are these reasons?! Why do these heartbreaks happen to these women that pour their heart and souls into trying to achieve their dreams? Obviously, we will never know but I do know that sometimes it's just not fair. For those of you that are reading this and have been going through a tough time while TTC, know that you are all in my thoughts and that I am always here to lend a shoulder. I know exactly how you all feel. I've been there. Shoot, sometimes I'm still there! Even though we have a baby on the way, it's still incredibly hard to accept the fact that I can't carry my own child. When you're a woman and having a child is something you want to do but have been told you can't...it really is an awful feeling as a woman to hear those words. Some days are easier then others but I find that as time goes on and we get closer to the end, it's been harder the further we get. I'm not sure why. Maybe it's reality setting in that our little miracle will be here so soon? Hard to say. The saying, "The only thing more painful then having a baby is the inability to..." is just SO true. I do know that I wish with everything that I have for all of you that are struggling to be able to feel that joy that I get knowing that our girl will be here soon! Love my IG girls! 💗💗💗


Speaking of soon! We close on our house in 12 days! Sooo stinking excited. The day we get the keys we plan on getting started on Brystol's room. It is our top priority and I can't waiiiit!! And, I'm sure my parents will be pretty excited to have us out of there hair too. Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment