Friday, December 21, 2012

Surreal!

Life just feels surreal right now. There have been a few big hurdles we've gotten to jump over the last 2 weeks. Good hurdles!

Holly and Randy went to injection teaching and learned all the ins & outs of the meds & injections. We sat in the office for an hour after waiting almost 45 mins, it was a long appt! 
 

I started my birth control pills on Sunday. It's so weird that my eggs will be harvested yet I'm on bc. This is how mine and Holly's cycles get to be on the same page, using bc. Pretty interesting!
 
 

Last week Holly and I made a trip down to the pharmacy at OHSU to get her meds. It's was a grocery bag full of stuff! And she had quite the variety! 
 

Insurance had been giving us some hell about 2 different thing, most recently was Holly's birth year. On the application it was listed as she was born in 2012. Oops! Finally, after what seemed like MONTHS I got an email that they had approved her application. That was such a huge weight off my shoulders!!!!!

While Erik and I were in Portland week before last we also got to sign our contract. YAY! A few days later our attorney sent it off to Holly and randy. They signed it and sent it off on Wednesday. Another huge weight off my shoulders. Here they are...signing their lives away! Muahhaha! (-;

 This picture was taken while we were up at Doernbechers Children Hospital. My sweet nephew(Holly and Randy's son) had his cochlear implant placed in his little ear on Wednesday. He made it through surgery like a little champ and is recovering well. It just so happened they had a free notary at the hospital which worked great! January 18th they will be going back to have the implant turned on. I can't wait to see this little man's world change right before our eyes.
 
A few days ago Holly and I received an email from Vanessa with our protocol and how everything will map out over the next month. Holly started her shots last night actually! She sent me these pictures and added in that randy had to do the shot for her. Lol.

 
 
 Giving yourself a shot in the gut is a mind game. It took me quite a few minutes to convince myself to just suck it up and finally do it back when I was doing them. I'll start my lupron shots December 31st. Eeek! 

As of right now it's looking like my egg retrieval will be sometime between the 24th & 29th of January with transfer being 3, 5 or 6 days later. 

It's going to be here before we know it!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment