Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Hello 2013!!

I can't believe it's already 2013. For as crappy as 2012 was, it sure seems like it went quick. I'm crossing my fingers that 2013 is going to make up for the last few years of utter crap. Ha!

Our Christmas was good. E had to work..boo! Christmas morning I made a huge breakfast for us and a few friends that don't have family in the area. Breakfast was delish! Wednesday morning we hit the road to Portland for Christmas with my family. E's family all spent Christmas in California at my brother in laws new home. We did Christmas Wednesday with my family. Lots of food and fun...prime rib was our main course..SO yummmmyy!

On Friday E and I had an appt at ohsu for our injection teaching. It seemed a bit pointless since I've given myself the shots before buuuut oh well. I guess I didn't realize that I was going to be having 3 shots a day! Not sure how I missed that but man! This will be my routine starting pretty soon!


I picked up all my meds while we were at ohsu. Ugh! As exciting as this whole process is...it's stressful! I still don't understand why the whole process is so damn expensive. Very frustrating at times. This was my total for my meds....and this isn't for all of it. I need a few more weeks worth of follistim since I was only given 5 days worth. Just crazy!

This is what over $2,500 in injection medications look like!


Holly is still doing her lupron shots every evening. She sent me this picture the other day saying that she is officially a human pin cushion. Lol, poor girl. She's such a trooper!

I got to ring in the new year by starting my lupron shots last night. I always psych myself out for shots. They're little needles...thank goodness! I took a quick deep breath and it was over. I was thinking I would need to do it laying down since I'm injecting them myself. Luckily I didn't even feel it go in. I could never be a junkie though, seriously!


My next appt is on the 14th. They'll be drawing blood and doing an ultrasound checking to see if the lupron shots are doing their job and suppressing my ovaries. Lets hope! After that appt I'll have another that week on the 18th and 4-6 more after that to keep watch on everything and make sure I don't get over stimulated. Then on to extraction! After the 14th I have a feeling that next week or 2 will be going by fast. Lets hope!

Off to do my 2nd lupron shot...Here's to a 2013 baby L!!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment