Monday, January 14, 2013

Stimms!!

Well, we are getting closer. The closer it gets the higher my anxiety gets. It's all exciting but so darn scary. I'm afraid of being heart broken and I literally can't imagine the emotion that will be pouring out of me if all goes well. Lets hope for the latter!

Today I took the trip down to OHSU. Not sure what I was thinking when I made an 8:15am appointment downtown Portland. I'm used to my small town with no traffic, not crazy Portland drivers and rush hour traffic. Oh well, made it down there with 15 mins to spare. I was nervous going in. It seemed like this last week just wasn't a great week in the blogging world for the ladies and my fellow IVF'ers. Thankfully, the appointment went great from start to finish. Last time I had blood drawn it took them a ridiculous amount of poking me just to get some blood. Like, 12 pokes, if I remember right. Last night I started hydrating up like crazy and sure enough, 6 viles and 1 poke was a breeze. I had 3 different nurses remember me from that day because they all took turns. Ha! They all came in to check out how easy the blood draw way today. Looovely! Once blood was drawn in I went for the ultrasound to check and see if the horrible side effects of lupron have been worth it..sure enough, my ovaries looked suppressed. Whew! I was holding my breath most of the afternoon waiting for the call on my bloodwork. Finally, it came. All is well and I am suppressed!

Now I get to start 3 shots a day, 1 in the am and 2 in the pm. Follistim and menopur, hopefully they're nice to me. I also started my first dose of decreased lupron tonight. Woohoo! Lets hope the dumb side effects of that crap start to lessen. On Friday I head back down to ohsu for another ultrasound and little blood. Maybe by Friday they'll have a better estimate on a retrieval date. We shall see!

Let's hope this journey continues down a positive road!

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to hear about your retrieval date! Good luck sweetie -Amanda

    ReplyDelete