Saturday, January 5, 2013

Check, check & check!

Egg retrieval and transfer will be here so soooooon! 

Lupron has been treating me like craaap! If I wasn't sure that it'll be worth it in the end I would have thrown the stuff out! It makes me feel like crap. The joint aches...ermergherd! I feel like I'm 90. It's been sooo cold here lately and I feel like all I've done is stay inside where I can be warm. The minute I walk outside its instant pain. If I have to go anywhere I make sure that my truck is started and my heated seats are on HIGH! The last few days the hot flashes have set in too. Holy mackreal! The other day we went up into the mountains with friends to go shooting and for their kids to play in the snow. It was fun but I didn't do much other then stand around because it hurt to move...but the whoooole time I was having hot flashes. One minute I was cold and then the next I could feel myself sweating. Yesterday morning I was burning up! I walked out in the 20 degree weather and was standing on our back deck in a tank top and shorts...sweating. Today I've got some mad cramping going on..lets hope that means them ovaries are suppressing!  Side effects are noooooo bueno but it'll be worth it. *fingers crossed*


Holly went to the Doctor on Thursday to have some bloodwork and an ultrasound done. I got an email Thursday afternoon saying she was suppressed and was to lower her lupron dosage and start her Estrace. Bring on the thick lining!

We are checking things off our list and its getting exciting!

Today was my last day on birth control. The morning of the 14th I head in to see if I am suppressed or not. Lets hope! 

Earlier I was reading a new blog I found. This woman and her husband are in a lot of way in the same boat as we are. She as well will be going through ivf very soon. She posted this link for her readers to try and make it more clear what happens during an ivf cycle. This is really about as good as it gets for explaining how it all happens. Now if only I could find something that would better explain the whole process of using a gestational carrier. You'll get the idea though...the eggs go in Holly, not me. 

4 comments:

  1. That's all so exciting! I'm so happy things are moving along well for you guys! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I just read your blog...we are really close in our cycles. Here's to hoping our first tries are successful! Good luck with those progesterone shots, too. I am soooo glad I get to skip that part. (-;

      Delete
  2. Gestational carrier will be next for us...if this next cycle doesn't work. good luck...very exciting...what a blessing. www.stillnotpregnant.blogspot.com

    Molly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Molly, you're in my thoughts! I know how hard it is but hopefully one day it'll all be worth the pain we've had to go through along the way.

      Delete