Thursday, January 24, 2013

Egg retrieval & transfer...SET!

I'd just like to say...my life is so crazy right now! It's hard to believe that back in September when this whole journey started it felt like the transfer date was so far away. Luckily, the time has flown by. The holidays were crazy busy, which really helped. On Monday I went back for another ultrasound and showed great improvement. My E2 level was up, the follicles were growing nicely and my faith in this journey was restored. The doctor had me come back in yesterday(Wednesday) for another ultrasound and said I was super close to ready for retrieval but decided one more day would be best. So, this morning I made another trip back down to ohsu for another ultrasound and blood. When I got there my most favorite nurse, Amanda, took my blood and chatted with me for a bit then told me that Dr.Lee would be with me shortly. Shoot! Dr.Lee?! (Incase you don't remember Dr.Lee...Read here!)  Now before I say anymore, I will say, Dr.Lee is wonderful! So very nice and always answers any questions I might have and reassures me when I need it. Anyways, do, Dr.Lee it is! He comes in and does my ultrasound and is pretty positive that I'd be doing the trigger shot this evening. After we were done with my ultrasound we were sitting in there chatting and getting towards the end of our conversation and he says "Well! I am on this weekend, so I will be doing your egg retrieval!" Ah hell! Just my luck! Lol!

Egg retrieval is officially set for Saturday! So surreal, scary, anxious, exciting...just a big ball of emotions that range from one end of the scale to the other! I'm crossing my fingers everything goes well and these egg mature and fertilize well. If all goes well, Holly's appts for possible transfers days are already set. It'll be either Tuesday, Thursday or Friday of this coming week. EEEEK! 


It's weird for me think that after my trigger shot tonight..in about 15 minutes...that's my last shot! Thank god! My poor stomach is all sorts of bruised up. 

Keep us in your thoughts, please. Lets hope my lucky socks do their job and keep the good luck coming!




9 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you guys! Can't wait for an update!

    abrinkadventure.blogspot.com

    Megan from IG

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the retreival tomorrow!! I can't believe your transfer will be this upcoming week! And less than a week from mine! AWESOME! I'm going to be sure to have you and Holly in my thoughts ALLLLLL week and I'm hoping for more amazing news! Then you know what's going to suck...? The WAIT! lol Where it's too soon for a pregnancy test or blood test.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you today, Christa! Hope all goes will with your retrieval. Cute socks too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had lucky socks very similar to yours for my egg retrieval! And I'm currently rubbing my 15 week bump :)

    ReplyDelete