Monday, January 21, 2013

It's almost time!

It's been a few days since I've updated but there are a few reasons for that. This last Friday I went in for my first ultrasound after starting the stimms, menopur and follistim. For those that don't know, these are 2 of the 3 shots I take daily. These 2 shots help the follicular growth and get them ready for the egg extraction. Fridays ultrasound and blood work was frustrating and I was not happy with the results. The ultrasound showed some follies on my ovaries but not many and not very big, then I got the call about my bloodwork. My E2 was low, which ment 1 of 2 things. Either I wasn't responding to the meds well or I was a late responder to the meds. Obviously, that wasn't the news I wanted to hear.

The weekend came and went and this morning was time for me to sad back down to ohsu for another ultrasound. Today is MLK day, so the waterfront officers were all closed. It was almost eerie walking in that huge building since its normally packed with people everywhere. I managed to get to my appt about 30 mins early and had tons of time to kill..and time to get nice and nervous. Well, turns out not only was I early but since its a holiday the clinic wasn't running with a full staff. My appt was 40 mins late. Not only just mine but 4 other woman as well. Kinda crazy, never seen so many people have to wait. Anyways, when I got into the ultrasound room and got started...I was pleasantly surprised. I could see some large follies without the doctor even needing to point them out. Woohoo! Huge surprise!! My right ovary had the larger follies and my left had more follies but they were medium size compared to the larger ones on the other side. Such a relief to know that they are there and at this point, growing!

The doctor told me while I was there that she wanted me to come back tomorrow(Tuesday) morning for another ultrasound and that she would be calling me this afternoon with my blood work. Well, she called with good news. My E2 levels were up and all looked good. Maybe this really will work! She informed me that while comparing my E2 levels with ultrasound, I should wait 2 more days to go  back for the ultrasound rather then tomorrow. That should be a good amount of time to let the  medium sized follies catch up to the larger ones and then we will be good to go.

If all goes as planned *fingers crossed* I will do a trigger shot Wednesday night and have my egg retrieval Friday. Ahhh! I have to keep in mind that the follies could not grow anymore and that would mean that this whole cycle is down the drain. It's just crazy how many things come into play to make this all come together, all the pieces of the puzzle have to fit. I'm trying so hard not to get my hopes up but it really is only human nature. I just want things to work out in our favor...for once. That's all! Ahh man! There is so much anxiety and emotion that is invested into all of this. It's really tough. Even today, just finding out that I had follie growing sent my mother into a bawling spree. Then I got the call from the doctor while we were out to lunch together, of course, she was bawling like baby in the middle of the restaurant. Lol, I'm sure she will love me so much for sharing this info but oh we'll. Hi Mom, I know you're going to read this! Lol!
 
Last week Holly had one last check to make sure she was responding well to the Estrace pills she's been taking. All looked well but she had to add in 1 extra pill a day until the transfer.

Well, here's to hoping the next few days will be exciting!!!!

PS: check out the bruises I get on my gut from these shots!!!

8 comments:

  1. This is all such great news. I'm so excited for you guys! I can't wait to hear more good news. Grow little follies grow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for always being so supportive and kind. <3

      Delete
    2. These are the times when you need more cheerleaders than debbie downers. Where there is a will, there is a way, and you're doing awesome. I love to see your progress :)

      Delete
    3. AHHH MY PHONE JUST BROKE! I won't be able to see your updates on Instagram until I get a new phone! :( I'm going to be lost!!

      Delete
    4. Oh no! Can you text or email at all?!

      Delete
    5. haha nope. Totally just saw this (a little too late). My whole touch screen just wasnt responding at all to touch. I could see incoming calls and text coming in but it wouldn't let me do anything at all. I'm so glad I got a new one though. And super excited to FaceTime my IPs at doc appointments so they can hear everything the doc has to say because my brain just doesn't work when it comes to remembering everything.

      Delete
  2. I love that you are not only documenting this but allowing us to share in your journey! I pray all the time that you will be blessed with your sweet baby soon!!!

    ReplyDelete