Wednesday, March 27, 2013

10 weeks, ultrasound...and more!!

Double digits! We made it to double digits! I know, I know, to some that might not be a huge milestone but to me...it's a milestone!! It means were one step closer to getting out of the first trimester, one step closer to a safer zone, one step closer to having a healthy living and breathing baby in our arms! 




On Monday we went to meet our new doctor for the first time and got to have an ultrasound done as well. Everything went great! The ultrasound was fabulous! Baby was measuring right on track at 10 weeks 2 days, we could see the little one moving around..so awesome! Heartbeat was 180! We invited Grandma Blackwood to go with us for this ultrasound. She was all sorts of excited to see the little one.



Ahh, I just LOVE staring at these pictures. THAT'S OUR BABY!! 

After the ultrasound we met with the doctor. Dr.Bair. Super nice guy, very personable to all 3 of us, answered any and all questions we had and laughed and joked right along with all of us. I was impressed! To bad the ultrasound tech was less impressive. Oh well!

Before we headed out to the appt we decided to test out the fetal heartbeat doppler that we had purchased. We were able to find the little beat a few times, but it was only for 2-3 seconds at a time. When we got back from the doctor I convinced Holly to give it a quick try again and sure enough! She found it for a good 2-3 minutes. The doppler was bouncing around with its number, obviously not quite picking up all the beats yet but they are there!  It was SOO awesome! I can't tell you how many times I've listened to this wonderful little heart just beating away...


I feel like as we approach the 2nd trimester, my guard that I've had up so very high, is definitely coming down. After this appointment I've had such a crazy urge to just go shopping! On our way home from the appointment I was thinking about much it sucked that there wasn't a darn Babies R Us within 3 hours of us. In my head I was really tempting myself with driving up to Spokane this weekend, just to hit up Babies R Us! Hmmmm...still tempting!!

As we were making out next appointment..4 weeks out..we realized that we are going to be gone on vacation during that week and decided that we would change out road trip back home a bit so that we could be at the appointment on May 2nd. That seems so far away! It also made me realize that with that putting Holly at 15 1/2 weeks at the next appointment, we wouldn't be doing a gender ultrasound until the last week in May. Ugh! That's foreverrrr away! So, I decided to call one of the 3D ultrasound places in Portland to see what they had available for packages because I know I want to do a 3D/4D ultrasound but they don't suggest them until baby is a bit bigger and more human like looking. While talking with the woman she was telling me about gender scans and a light bulb went off! Gender scan! I'm impatient and want to start planning more. So, we will be having a gender scan on the 24th of APRIL!! It's still going to be a liiiiittle early but the tech said there is a good chance we will still be able to tell..and if we cant, then we are welcome to go back about a week later. I can deal with that! So, we will be doing that on our way through town as we head out on our road trip vacation. We are so excited! Not only will it be a great start to vacation but it is also Daddy's birthday! I don't think he could get a better birthday present!! Our fingers are crossed that it all works out and we can actually tell what is it!!!!!


Baby L, this is Mommy telling you that you better not be stubborn like her on the 24th and let us see what you are! OK?! Ok! (-;


1 comment:

  1. haha I was paranoid with my son that I wouldn't be able to see what he was so I ate a bunch of pixie stix right before the appointment. The problem then wasn't what sex he was, but that he wouldn't STOP showing what gender he was lol I hope daddy gets his awesome birthday present!

    ReplyDelete