Sunday, April 14, 2013

13 weeks...2nd TRIMESTER!!!!

Finally! We have arrived! Hello 2nd trimester!! It's hard to believe that we are finally in a much more "safe zone" now. Another check off the ol' list.

Baby bump.....
These pictures make my day! (-:

Speaking of another check off of the list...shots! After 77 days of big ol needles in the booty, Holly finished her progesterone shots on Thursday. At this point the placenta should be fully functioning on its own and keeping the baby healthy. Another big step! Can you tell Holly was pretty excited to be DONE?!



We have 9 more days until our gender scan. Ohhh, we are so excited!! 

The other day I was going through our guest closet and sorting all my photography props and whatnot. I came across this...


A baby blanket my Grandma made me for right after we got married..almost 6 years ago. I've never been a huge fan of crochet/knitted items but my Grandma was AMAZING at crocheting these baby blankets. All the children, Grandchildren and even Great Grandchildren were given them. Shortly before my Grandpa passed away my Grandma had to quit crocheting because of the arthritis in her hands. A few years later she moved in with my parents and I saw her often. The day I found out that one of my good friends was having twin girls I knew I had to attempt to convince my Grams to make matching blankets for the little ladies that were on their way. Sure enough, Grams picked back up her crochet needles and 2 beautiful purple and white blankets were whipped up and ready for new babies to be cuddled in! She swore that those blankets saved her life. From then on she was always sitting in her chair, humming and crocheting away. Although our baby won't get a picture with it's Great Grandma, it will forever have this blanket that was made especially for him/her. 

 

6 comments:

  1. What a BEAUTIFUL gift from your Grandma to your baby. So glad your sil will be done with pio soon. I love witnessing the journey to your baby. Thank you for sharing your story. I follow you on IG. Love seeing the weekly bumps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for coming by my blog! I can't read about your journey!! I am following you now! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following! I've gotten to know SO many amazing women on this journey...Unfortunately, it seems like most of them are all on the east coast! Good to know there is someone near! (-:

      Delete
  3. My grandma was the same way knitting for everyone. Now at her age of almost 87, I think she won't attempt any more knitting. She taught me to knit and crochet but I've clung to something of my very own. I taught myself how to sew and now I'm the one making things for little ones :) Can't wait for the Gender scan in a couple days so I know what colors to go towards :) haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATS to you! You must be so, so happy!

    ReplyDelete