Thursday, October 18, 2012

Stepping stones..

Well, another step down, a bunch more to go. On Tuesday my little GC and I went to her first appt with Dr.P at OHSU. All went well with him and then we were off to meet with Vanessa, our IVF coordinator. I absolutely adore that woman! She is the perfect person to be doing the job she does. She has such a bubbly personality and always seems to be very positive and alwayyyys helpful. While we were there Vanessa put in the referral for Holly(our GC) to go see the maternal fetal medicine doctor. This is another step in the process that has to be checked off before we can call Holly our official Gestational Carrier. Realistically, the MFM doc has no reason not to give Holly the OK. She's young, healthy and had a great previous pregnancy. That appt will be October 30th. Cross your fingers all goes well and we are in the clear to continue.

While meeting with Vanessa I asked what she thought about a possible transfer time line, assuming all goes well. At this point it's looking like a transfer could happen around the middle of January. January seems like its forever away. The holidays are almost here, I can only hope that makes time fly by and January will be here before I know. Adios 2012..hello 2013!!  Fingers crossed that my body responds well to all these medications and that estimated time can actually happen!!!

The next step, along with the MFM doctor, is for Holly to have her psychological evaluation/test done. I've heard it's a pretty intense evaluation but I am sure she will pass with flying colors. (: That appt will be scheduled soon and I can't wait to be checking that appt off the list.

I think that's about all I have to update on for now. (-:

No comments:

Post a Comment