Tuesday, October 9, 2012

A glimmer of hope

I haven't updated this in a few weeks and figured it was time. I've had a secret up my sleeve and have kept it quite for a while now. After this last week I decided to let the cat out of the bag. If you've been following this roller coaster ride you know we've been on the hunt for another gestational carrier. After a ton of debating on which way to go in our search I think we've found a great option.

My little brother and sister in law got married a few weeks ago and right after the wedding my sister in law and I were talking about this whole process and how it all happens. Knowing that our former surrogate decided to not continue my sister in law threw out that she was more then willing to do it and has said it before that if I ever needed a surrogate that she would be my carrier. At first I really was not interested. All I could think about was the tension it would cause between my brother and I. I feel like my brother and I have come a long ways over the last year or so and don't want to mess that up. After talking to my brother more about all this I realized he was all in and understood what all of this meant. I sent my sister in law a quick text telling her and randy to really think about it, ask questions and do some research. A few days later she let me know that she still wants to do it, she wants to be my baby oven!!! Sooo exciting! We had them over to our house last weekend so we could all talk and answer any questions either of them might have had. We had a blast! Went fishing in the mountains and enjoyed the sunny weather in downtown walla walla.

So, as of right now, it's pretty well official that my sissy, Holly, will be carrying our baby!!!!!!!! Next week on the 16th her and I will head into OHSU for her to have the initial consultation with Dr.P and we will go from there!

I'm crossing my fingers that we are back on the positive road and will soon see a light at the end of this tunnel.

Bring on the shots, right Holly?!? Lol...

No comments:

Post a Comment