Saturday, November 10, 2012

Busy!



Ahh so much has happened this week. I was at ohsu 3 different times in 4 days. On Tuesday Holly had her mock cycle testing after being on Estrace for 2 weeks. All went great at that appointment. They checked the lining of her uterus and all was good, after that was done they went on with the mock cycle, inserting the catheter to make sure all was ok for when we do the transfer. This is a picture of her uterus with the catheter inserted.


 After that they used saline to blow the uterus up to check for any abnormalities.


All was clear and the doctor said everything looked great. Holly had FDA screening/blood work done as well but that won't be back for a week or 2. She also went on Thursday for her psychological evaluation. All went well with that as well and we found out she's not legally a crazy lady! (-:

On Thursday I went in for my FDA screening, physical & questionnaire, ultrasound and bloodwork. My brother also had an appointment to get his FDA bloodwork done as well. My appointment started soooo incredibly awkward! So as the nurse was walking me to the room, I saw a guy at the end of the hall that looked familiar but I figured I had just seen him there at ohsu. So I'm waiting for the doctor to come in and next thing I know here comes the doctor...the same man I saw down the hall. It then hit me where I knew him from. He's a customer that comes out to my parents tree farm every year..and has for years. I remember his children being small and they're now teenagers! So as he walks in the room I couldn't hold it back and blurted out " well, this is awkward!" Lol! He then realized who I was and went on to assure me that everything was professional and confidential, obviously. Dr.L is super nice though. After all that was done I had to have blood drawn, ha! What an show that was. After 35 minutes and 11 pokes, they finally got their 7 viles of blood from me. Sheesh! The best part was when I was sitting there in between nurses trying to get my blood, randy walked in. He sat down and was going to have his blood drawn and happened to tell the nurse that he's know to pass out, they immediately took him to another room where he was able to lay down while getting his blood taken.Sure enough he also had no blood that wanted to be taken and had to have 6 pokes! We caused quite the commotion! Check out all my blood..



On Friday it was Erik's turn to head on in. He had to have the FDA bloodwork, questionnaire and physical. All went well with him and no problems.


No comments:

Post a Comment